Thursday, November 20, 2008

19 Weeks!

I have to say that it has been really hard to get used knowing that we are having a girl. I really have to make myself say she instead of the baby or it. It feels like it is taking longer than it did with Nolan. I love her, but I just cannot get used to it. Lillian is growing strong and usually moves a lot during the day. I try to picture what she will look like. All I can picture is Nolan with longer hair. I am very anxious to meet her (well not that anxious, she can stay in at least another 18 or 19 weeks). The ultrasound tech. at Lillian's scan said that she weighs about 9 ounces and her little foot is 1 inch long. That is crazy to me. She sure is beautiful! And she definitely did not look like the picture down below, that looks pretty uncomfortable.

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment