Sunday, May 11, 2008

Matthew 22:37

This a verse that I keep coming across and I believe that this is truly how everyone should live (Jesus said this is the greatest commandment).

"Love the Lord with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind."

Today at church was our parent/child dedication. We as parents have dedicated to live our life in such a way that Nolan may imitate: Our sincere faith in Christ, Our passionate devotion to the Word of God, Our whole-hearted love for God, and Our commitment to the example of Jesus. Raising a child is a terrifying experience, I wonder everyday if I am doing enough for him. Today our pastor made a very strong and important point, the only thing that really matters is teaching Nolan about Jesus. It is ultimately Nolan's decision to put his faith in Jesus, but I want to live my life in way that he can imitate my devotion. Nolan, I pray that God blesses you with a happy and fullfilled life. But remember, the only way to truly have a fullfulling life is through Jesus Christ.

Thank you Mama, Natalie, Jason, Wendy, Evan, Claire, and Sophie for coming and sharing in Nolan's dedication with us! We love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment