Monday, September 14, 2009

5 Months

Goodness, time is going by so quickly. I love sweet Lily more and more every single day. I am trying very consciously to be thankful for every moment I have w/ her. The multiple middle of the night wakings mean more snuggles from my baby. The times when only mommy can console her will passes too quickly. So I am going to squeeze her, and kiss her and love her as much as I can.
She is starting to really interact w/ Nolan. Her eyes follow him around the room. Normally he doesn't take much notice of her. But there are some precious few moments when I see them actually playing together and it just makes my heart melt. And then as quickly as it started it is over and Nolan is off doing something else. I don't know what it is store for them as the grow but I pray that they become best friends. I hope that they are able to depend on each other and always stay close.
5 months! Let's see what she is doing these days:
  • Started cereal for breakfast and just recently introduced it for dinner too. She is eating a mix of rice and oatmeal.
  • Rolling everywhere. In the time it took me to go to the kitchen and make a piece of toast she had move across the entire living room. She has been pushing up on her hands and toes lately. It's impressive, I don't think I have arm muscles as strong as hers.
  • She is still in size 2 diapers.
  • I really don't know what size clothing she is in now. It seems like she can where somethings up to 12 months and other things as small as newborn. I would guess 6 month clothing.
  • She wakes up a lot at night. Sometimes to many to count, but usually about 3 times a night.
  • Bedtime is around 7:30 or 8:00
  • She sleeps pretty good during the day. Takes about 2 or 3 naps. Ranging from 1-3 hours.
  • Has good control of her hands when reaching for things. Is starting to really like playing w/ her toys.
  • Loves her binkie! And she really likes blankets too.
  • Weighs 14 lbs.

She was not a happy girl when she was getting her pictures taken. It was way past her bedtime and she was letting me know about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment