Wednesday, February 18, 2009

32 Weeks!

Is it really possible that I get meet my sweet baby in 8 weeks. Good grief, time flies! We are pretty much ready for her. Of course, that means we have all of the big stuff. I am finding it very difficult to buy things that we do not technically need. I mean, do we really need pink bibs, do we really need pink receiving blankets, do we really need anything pink. I don't think so. But it is kind of fun to open her closet and be overwhelmed with the girlyness of it all. She will definitely be a spoiled little baby, but I want to make sure that it is with love not stuff. She has been getting the hiccups a few times a day lately. It is cute for a while then it gets just a little annoying. I love to feel and watch her move though.
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to come see all the "girly" stuff! You are so fortunate to be indulging yourself in pink! We can't wait to meet her! But we want her to stay in there just a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete