Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Her story!! :)

4/6/09
I had a doctor appointment at 9:20 and I was dilated to 3 almost 4. The doctor stripped my membranes (which was no fun at all). She said that I would most likely have her in the next day or so. After the appointment I went home and started doing all the last minute things that I thought needed finished.
Around 11:00 I started having very sporadic contractions that ranged from 3 to 7 minutes apart. At 12:30 or so I called Tyler and asked him to come home because I had a feeling she would be coming soon.
1:00 He arrived home 1:45 Evelyn arrived to watch Nolan.
2:00 At the hospital, in the triage room to be monitored. When I arrived I was still at 3 cm almost 4. At this point was having some pretty painful contractions.
3:00 I was checked again...no progress. I did not want to go home! I was in so much pain. So the doctor said that I could stay another hour, trying to walk to halls to see if that would start things along.
At 4:30 I was checked again and I was at 5 to 6. As soon as the nurse told me that I started crying because I knew that I would have some relief soon.
About 5:00 I was admitted to a room and they started setting up the iv and drawing blood. My contractions were very intense at that point. The only thing that helped was sitting up and rocking. The only problem was that they couldn't monitor Lily's heart rate. So they decided to put a monitor on her head. At about 5:30 they started doing this and broke my water. I was still at about 5 or 6.
6:00 I finally got my epidural!! I was so happy. Just waited for it to kick in, but I felt better knowing I wouldn't be in pain much longer. After the epidural was in my nurse checked me because I still felt pain/pressure. I was dilated to a 9! She said that I would be having her soon. Well, I soon as she was finished checking me I felt like I needed to push. So she checked me again and called the doctor in.
I pushed through 4 contractions and at 6:27 Miss Lillian Marie was born.
She had the cord around her neck pretty tight so they had to cut it. But, she received 9 and 9 on her Apgar test. She weighed 6lbs. 15 oz. 20 inches long.
I was able to start nursing her about 1 hour after she was born and she is a champ. She loves to eat and she is very good at it. She has been a very precious baby so far. She loves to be held, especially by mommy. :)
Nolan loves her and gives her lots of kisses.
This experience has been so different from Nolan. I am so blessed. God's plan for her birth was so perfect! I am enjoying every minute. And am loving the fact that we (all) will be out of here tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment