Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Compassion

This has been heavy on my heart for sometime but today was too much. Compassion International is a Christian child sponsorship organization. I first read about it through another blog that I read. And lately it has been promoting Global Food Crisis day (which is today) on the radio. I had already planned on sponsoring a child but after listening to the statistics I immediately went to the computer and found a child.
I was brought to tears as I watched Nolan eating his lunch, thinking about what it would be like if I couldn't feed him. Then I thought about all of the food he chooses not to eat because he doesn't "like" it. We live in a blessed nation. So, even with the rough economy and hardships that we are dealing with, I urge everyone reading this to please check out the website. www.compassion.com It is about $32 a month to sponsor a child. You can also go to www.klove.com and just give a one time donation. $13 could feed a child for a month. The biggest statistic that affected me was that Every 7 seconds a child dies of hunger. I pray that you can do something to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment