Sunday, January 11, 2009

26 Weeks!

I was 26 weeks as of last Thursday. Life has been busy. I have been trying to decide what do about Lily's room and Nolan's sleeping arrangements. I am so grateful that this is the most difficult thing I have to deal with. There are so many families that have to deal with things that I never could imagine. The blog that I often read "Bring the Rain", (I believe there is a link in this blog, if not there is one in Nolan's) Angie posted a video of the day her fourth daughter was born. If any of you have read her blog you know that her baby only lived for 2 hours (they knew that she probably would not live). Well in the video she shows a few clips of sweet Audrey's funeral, and the date of her funeral was April 17, 2008. This really hit me, she buried her baby, the day mine is due. I just ask that you pray for her family and give them strength. They found out about her diagnosis around this time last year. Her faith is amazing and it has been a blessing to read about her life. And just remember how precious life is. I am so grateful that baby Lily is growing healthy and strong.
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment