Saturday, January 10, 2009

17 Months!

Nolan turned 17 months old yesterday. I feel like I have a little boy, not a baby anymore. He is so much fun. And I must say this now, because I may change my mind in few minutes, He is a good boy. He loves to make messes but enjoys cleaning them up. I am impressed by this (I know it will not last for much longer). He seems like he gets smarter every day.

Here are a few things that he is doing now:

  • Uses a fork and spoon like a pro. I have to admit that I really didn't have anything to do with this. I gave him a spoon one day and he instantly knew what to do with it.
  • Enjoys coloring for a few seconds.
  • Climbs on everything. I'll have to post a picture of his new favorite spot to climb. Let's just say he is a little fearless.
  • He is getting very good about not freaking out when I leave the room. This is a big accomplishment for him
  • He knows what a lot of words mean and understands them, but everything seems to be called a ball lately. If he doesn't say ball, the word has to start with the "b" sound. This makes things a little confusing.
  • He is starting to love playing with race cars. He was so excited this morning when he saw some new cars waiting for him.
  • He has started telling me (occasionally, or randomly) that he went potty in his diaper. I do take credit for this, though. I have started asking him and trying to make him aware, crossing my fingers that this will make it a little easier once we start potty training.

He is a pretty awesome little boy. I cannot wait to see what he thinks of his little sister. He is going to be a very good big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment