Monday, December 29, 2008

24 Weeks!

I am late I know (I was 24 weeks on Christmas). Too much to do. Well, Lily had a good christmas. She got a few presents (that's pretty good for not even being born yet). I realized this weekend that she is different from Nolan (when I was pregnant with him). Because when we were riding in the car Nolan used to be most active and with Lily I barely feel her in the car. I cannot wait to see how different (or alike) they really are.
I blame Lily for all of the weight that I have gained (I haven't dared to step on the scale), she has made me LOVE sweets, especially chocolate. When I say love, I mean I didn't go a moment this weekend without something sweet in my mouth. I know that I am a candy person to begin with but it has been crazy this
holiday season. People need to stop making such tasty treats!
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment